Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Chalkboard Paints That Aren't Old School

My art installation for the restaurant, Trafford is taking a turn. A florescent turn. I discovered Hudson Paint Company's line of wonderful chalkboard paints and haven't been able to stop. Using chalk board paint and scraps of wood I've been collecting from a local factory that makes large plywood cable spools, the cost of materials has been very little. Here are the first look at some of the elements I'm working with and piling up. The palette I found around the docks- oranges, blues, reds combined with some greens I love, the project is starting to take shape. I've been combing some vintage books about sea creatures, paying attention to fish tanks and what's usually below the water surface around here. Not sure where it will end up. Won't be another seafood restaurant in white and navy.



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see it finished! Thanks for the sneak peak, looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete