Monday, April 19, 2010

Poem for Monday




I Take Master Card
(Charge Your Love to Me)
-Nikki Giovanni
I've heard the stories
'bout how you don't deserve me
'cause I'm so strong and beautiful and wonderful and you could
never live up to what you know I should have but I just want to let you know:

I take Master Card

You can love me as much as your heart can stand
then put the rest on
account and pay the interest
each month until we get this thing settled

You see we modern women do comprehend

that we deserve a whole lot more
than what is normally being offered but we are trying
to get aligned with the modern world

So baby you can love me all

you like 'cause you're pre-approved
and you don't have to sign on
the bottom line

Charge it up

'til we just can't take no more
it's the modern way

I take Master Card

to see your Visa
and I deal with a Discovery but I don't want any American
Express 'cause like the Pointer Sisters say:  I need a slow hand.
Nikki Giovanni

No comments:

Post a Comment